Safety reminder to all of our families who have students walking or biking to EGMS
It is that time of year when our days are getting shorter and colder. For our student who walk or bike to school, your morning commute is now dark. PLEASE make sure you are having conversation with your kids about how to get to school safely.
- Don’t assume cars can see you and will stop for you.
- Don’t be looking down at your phone while walking or biking.
- Use the designated crosswalks when crossing the street, if there are no designated crosswalks use the closest lighted intersection.
- Don’t walk to school wearing headphones, it makes it hard to hear cars and decreases your awareness of your surroundings.
- Wear clothes that make you visible to drivers and keep you warm.
- Reflective clothing and lights are a good idea.
- If you are riding a bike to school PLEASE wear a helmet and use bike lights.
- Watch for ice.
- Follow the rules of the road, please review basic rules with students.
Thanks for your support in helping us keep our students safe!